Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The beginnings of 2013...loss of Mamaw and Papaw

With the New Year, much heartache was brought to my life with the loss of my grandfather from a sudden heart attack on January 3rd while my grandmother went home to be with him and the Lord just 6 days later.  I wasn't a consistent blogger leading into the year but even less after their deaths because it was hard to even write out those words.

As May has now begun, I have felt a peace when thinking of Mamaw and Papaw.  I don't know if this comes today because it would have been their anniversary or if it's the thought of flowers blooming, sun is shining, and I'm here to take another breath.  I get the biggest smile on my face when I think about sharing the journey of life with Matt for as long as my grandparents got to share together.  What an honor and a blessing it was to watch them stay committed and completely love each other until they left this earth with God at the core of their relationship.

I miss them daily but because of a necklace my mother had made from stones out of my Mamaw's ring, I truly feel their presence with me constantly.  I know they are watching down and have seen all of the amazing moments I have experienced as a mother ever since their passing (more to come on those moments in the next post...). 

To Mamaw and Papaw,
   HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!  You my not be here physically but you are thought about often!  I love and miss you greatly.  I hope y'all were able to get your dancing boots out today as those are some of my best memories as a child.  Looking forward to the day we get to dance together again but until then the Lord has plans for me here.  Please keep watch over us here on Earth...
       LOVE Y'ALL!!!

Christmas 2011
Mamaw and Papaw with all of the great-grandchildren at that time (Avery, Cassie, Cammie, Callie, Carley, Alex) 
 

Mamaw giving sugars to Cameron
 
Christmas 2012 - our list time together with both of them 

Christmas 2012 - 4 generations of girls!
 
The gorgeous flower arrangment my mom put at the graves in honor of Mamaw and Papaw's wedding anniversary.
 
 
Though I may never be "ok" with the loss of Mamaw and Papaw, I do know they will love forever in our hearts and memories...

 


No comments:

Post a Comment