Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Heavy heart yet so calm...the next 10 days!

Months ago..."you need to let me know some dates that we can keep Alex during your season"  I reply: "ok, mom. Let me take a look at the calendar."  A few weeks pass..."have you checked the calendar yet?"  My reply: "not yet but I will."  And a few more go by..."how about when you are gone the first 2 weeks of February?"  Me: "ok, that sounds like a good plan."
As tomorrow approaches for us to drop Alex off with my parents, I think back to these multiple short but yet so full of emotion conversations.  Is it that I don't trust my parents to keep him...NOT even a chance do I think that way.  Is it that I worry he won't be loved on...YEAH right, he's going to be the most spoiled little boy when he returns.  Is it that I just can't fathom being away from him for so long...YEP, that's it!!!  I have done everything I can not to think about it but now the time is so near.  I spent every second I could with him over the past few days and would just tear up every time I think about him leaving.  How could someone so little have just a tight grip on my heart?

Tomorrow will be the test...can I leave him knowing it won't be for over a week until I see him again?  My heart is both heavy and yet so calm at the same time!  I will miss him more than he will ever know or understand but G-mom and G-papa will begin to make memories with him that they will be able to carry with them for the rest of their lives!

Updated posts to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment