LOVE HIM!!! Words can't describe how happy I was to finally see my little man again but it took only about 10 seconds until he saw dada and went running full speed with his arms wide open. I won't complain because it melted my heart to see him so happy to see his dada!!!
I can't say he was as happy to see me but that's ok because he spent the rest of the evening wanting G-mom, he even spent the night in the bed with her. I was thrilled to let him do this because I know my mom was needing just a little bit more time with him. We spent the next morning playing in the hotel before going to grab some brunch. Brunch was great especially since Alex slept the whole time in G-mom's lap and she was able to get about an hour of last-minute loving and snuggling with him.
I know it was hard on them to leave but I now know that I can survive (sort of) for him to go spend such precious time with his granparents in the future.
I can't say that I knew a mother's love for her child until the child is not at arms reach every single day. I have taken moments for granted but now I know just to enjoy whatever time I can with him. He is the only little man in my life that makes me feel so complete.
All smiles...
Monday, February 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment