Monday, February 13, 2012

The Count Down...only a few more hours to go:

I sit on the bus back to Cape from a competition in Oklahoma City. My thoughts range from excitement to overjoyed to anxiousness but yet I get a feeling of sadness. Sadness for my mom and the emotions she has been struggling with today about it being her last day to spend every waking, and sleeping, moment focused on my little man. It was 9 days ago where the emotions were on the other end…she couldn’t wait to get her hands on Alex and I wanted that trip to Tunica to last forever so I didn’t have to hand him over.


I sit with quiet tears rolling down my cheeks out of anticipation for the first time to see him. Will he run to me? Will he want to stay with G-mom and G-papa? Will he say, “hi momma?” Will he realize what is going on? All the nerves of wanting him to want me come rushing in…why is it that I want him to miss me? Wouldn’t that mean it would be even harder for him to go stay with someone in the future if he knows what missing me is? I want him to be able to go stay with grandparents in the future and enjoy every second of it but at the same time, I want him to want me…as much as I want him…every second of every day!

I’m not sure my mom is going to know what to do without an almost 2 year old running around her house and wanting her undivided attention constantly in the days ahead. Dad told me that he isn’t sure Alex’s legs work anymore because my mom holds him constantly and knowing Alex, he’s at her legs saying, “hold me, hold me.” One thing I know for certain is that their water bill is going to be tripled…did I mention that Alex took a minimum of 2 baths every day? Mom and dad’s bath has fun lights that change colors and Alex can practically swim in it. Oh, and did I mention that he can watch Phineas and Ferb on the tv while he’s drinking his chocolate milk in the bathtub? Can anyone say spoiled? Not only did Alex enjoy multiple baths but my parents let him feed the birds, go on a carousel, play in the moving toys at the mall, visit with his cousin, Avery, and spend some very precious moments with both his great-grandmothers. I know he is too young to make memories but I am positive that my mom and dad have had some very special moments with him this week. I hope they can hold onto those forever!

So the time is nearing, Matt and I will be hitting the road to Tunica to be reunited with our little man. I know the moment will be special no matter what and I look forward to the many more times he will be visiting either set of grandparents in the future!

Coming up...REUNITED!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment