Over the past many years, Matt has encouraged me to go back to school for my masters. Well, so it began in late August that I would start with 1 class and see how it goes. This has been a huge struggle for me for multiple reasons, one being that I've never been strong academically and the even bigger reason was it takes me away from my family and leaves Matt to handle the parenting. I have TOTAL faith that he's capable of doing it but the guilt was "should" he have to do it all alone? After much convincing from him, class has gone well so far and I'm so thankful to come home on Monday nights with him spending time with the kiddos!
Shortly after starting classes, we found a new construction home that meets most of our needs and wants. After searching for over a year and debating on moving, we finally decided that God was leading us to make this move. I can't say why He thought it would be funny to throw this at us now but...we will go with it! We are currently in the process of trying to sell our home and look to move into the new home for Thanksgiving. There are so many hurdles we are facing and will be facing with this process but we are placing our full trust in Him to provide according to His plan!
Then October 6th happened... I received a text that mom was taking dad to ER because he was having pain from possible kidney stone. Never did I imagine the next conversation I had with my dad was informing me he had kidney cancer. The tears flowed and there was no stopping them. This went on for days... I talked to parents on the phone and had normal daily activity but my private prayers were often filled with uncontrollable crying. I never once asked "why" but simply asked for the cancer to be treatable so my kids would continue to have their G-papa. I prayed for my mom and the amazing woman she is to have strength and comfort as we started this journey that we never wanted to be on.
The next day brought some comfort as the doctor was confident the cancer could be removed. We were singing praises and thanks as we were just given the best news possible after hearing you have cancer just 24 hours before. Now fast forward to Oct. 28th... A biopsy had been performed the Thursday before this and the surgery was scheduled for the next Thursday (Oct. 30th). On Tuesday, October 28th, dad went to meet with his doctor and finalize surgery when God performed a MIRACLE!!! My dad DID NOT HAVE CANCER!!! Prayers were answered and God continues to be at work as my parents heard the doctor say "the mass is benign"!!! There are no words to describe this result other than He is The Great Physician! For those that don't believe in God or don't think miracles still happen, my dad is proof that He is alive!!! This result still renders me speechless yet I'm forever grateful to EVERYONE that prayed for him during those weeks! My mom and dad are such rocks and great examples of living by faith!
I can't say that I would have ever started classes had I known the stress that was ahead but I believe that God sets it up that way. We aren't supposed to know every detail of His plan because why would we then need faith?
The past few months may have been more challenging than originally planned but because of my husband, my family, and my God, life will continue with many more "opportunities" ahead!




No comments:
Post a Comment