Friday, August 20, 2010

1/2 way through the 1st year!

Our little man is growing so fast and it is such a blast watching him learn and trying to study every situation.  His little personality shows through more and more everyday.  He is a very happy and fun loving baby and puts a smile on my face everytime he grins and shows his little dimples.

Here are some of the good times we have had this past month:

* We went on your first beach trip to Destin though we didn't take you down to the sand.  You had a blast at the swimming pool, splashing in the water, floating in your float, and napping at pool side.  You were a great little traveler and we can't wait to take you back once you will be able to have fun in the sand.

* We have learned that you have no troubles eating apples, bananas, or peaches.  We plan to add pears to the mix in the near future and will ask about vegetables at your next doctor's appointment.  You get so excited when you see it's time to eat...you just can't hold inside your bundle of excitement.

* Still no teeth have broken through but the chewing of the nuknuk and bottle nipple are excessive.  Sometimes you would just prefer to chew instead of drinking your juice.  You enjoy the cold chew toys that we put in the fridge and one day I think you are going to knaw off your fingers.

* You have become an amazing sleeper at night.  You are pretty consistent on a 9:30pm-7:30am sleep schedule.  If you only knew how amazing this is for mommy and daddy!  It makes you such a happy little boy when I come get you in the morning and you have the biggest smile on your face!

* I finally got to see you roll over and I don't think you have stopped.  It's like you enjoy showing off!  You have figured out how to roll over in your swing while swinging so we now have to safety strap you in.

* Skypeing this month has become more frequent with G-mom and G-papa and we now have been able to skype with Mimi also.  We are excited that they are getting to share in your growing since they can't see you in person everyday.

* Sheri at Bella Bambino took your 6 month pictures a couple of days ago.  She really captures emotion in her pics so I can't wait to see your precious personality shine through.  You were a cheese and ham ball the entire time and absolutely gave her such a fun little attitude to capture.

* Nursing is slowing down for you.  There are many times that you aren't wanting anything to do with me but you can't get enough at other times.  The milk is slowing down and I am not looking forward to being done but I know you have gotten the best milk I could give you the first 6 months of your life!

* Sitting without help only last about 2 seconds at a time right now but I have no doubt you will be sitting without help in no time.  It has only been in the past 2 weeks that you would even put your booty down long enough to attempt to sit.

* You are already showing signs of attempting to crawl.  You are able to push up and hold yourself on your hands and then bring your knees in and poke your booty up in the air.  You will be on the move in no time and we will be chasing you around the house.

There is no telling what the next month will bring.  I am loving you reaching milestones but you are changing way too fast.  There always seems to be something new every single day.  You continue to be a blessing to our life and I can't thank God enough for our little kermit!

No comments:

Post a Comment